Working with world-class engineers building a product from early stages into a global force is both incredibly rare and incredibly rewarding
CyanView is a startup manufacturing camera control solutions for the worldwide broadcast market. Our team is building the next generation tools empowering broadcast operators to harness the full potential of any kind of camera. Our systems will be used for creative angles on TV shows, concerts or sports, from your local TV channels to the biggest global events such as the World Cup or Super Bowl.
We’re a fast moving, highly skilled but small team designing and building hardware-based embedded systems including a lot of software, and a continuous integration approach. There is a common thread amongst all of us at CyanView and it’s our drive to create the best possible product and experience for our customers. We’re a startup that has gotten to where we are with hard work and a strong work ethic.
What we’re looking for
You’re striving for excellence. Idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on TV productions.
With so many ways to contribute here, chances are good you’ll find a way to do what you love. We need the best to create hardware and software that will power innovation at the heart of the most prestigious broadcast events.
We expect every team member to be a master of their craft. You’ll need to be able to work autonomously, and be willing to step up to lead projects as we achieve our goals and make even more daring plans. We also believe no startup can grow into a major player without each member taking the joys and challenges of being a united team seriously.
We are growing CyanView by doing what we love. Being part of the experience is even better.
Join the team!
Positions immediately available
Embedded Electronics engineer
Job type: full time
Job location: La Louvière, Belgium
Work language: French
We’re looking for an ambitious, responsible team-player and versatile Engineer to design and develop Embedded Electronics systems from research, prototyping to mass production. You know how firmware and drivers interact with hardware at lower and higher levels. You will work with various electronic interfaces, microcontrollers and embedded Linux based systems.
This position will be part of a small, fast-moving team which also includes remote freelancers and sub-contractors for both development and production.
It is available to either a senior profile bringing his expertise to the team, or a junior willing to learn and develop these skills together with our current people.
- Research, design and develop highly reliable embedded electronics for lenses, cameras, pan/tilt heads, drone or gimbals. Some design will integrate RF and cellular modems.
- Develop embedded firmware for microcontrollers or Linux drivers
- Analyse and test communication protocols with various equipments using analyzers (i.e. USB) or python or similar higher-level languages for protocols based on CAN, I2C or any serial stream.
- Assist in designing and developing Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) for prototyping and production
- Prepare test procedures and develop test fixtures for mass production based on Linux computers or embedded systems
- Follow-up with sub-contractors for production preparation, schedule, sourcing and validation
- Follow-up on projects or tasks handled by sub-contractors
- Repair and analyse returned defective products for design improvements
- Camera switching and Touch Down
- Scene files for all cameras, option to save all at once
- Custom Camera functions based on selected models
- Status Information, IP addresses, remote connection
- The role requires enough English knowledge to access any English resources related to electronic design, as well as communicate with sub-contractors or suppliers.
- Passion for prototyping and creating. Good understanding of hardware and software integration challenges
- Good knowledge of ARM Cortex microcontrollers and processors.
- Circuit design experience with digital and analog circuits
- Some projects involve FPGAs but previous experience isn’t required